single and waiting

Life in the single lane, is something most people experience at some point in their life. This is just my personal experience, that I thought I'd share with you all. Isaiah 40:31 "Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weak"

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Enchanted - ever ever after

A fairytale like fantasy film, where true love falls at your doorstep. Allow me to set the scene. You meet this guy somewhere random, and you always seem to see him again in more random places. You get to know this person, and find out you have common interests, and get along great. Every time you are around this person…you feel an awkward tension between you both, but you don’t let this get the better of you. You get butterflies every time you talk to that person, and like everything about them. When you are in the same room as this person, although you try not to make it obvious, you can’t stop looking at him, secretly hoping he is looking back. You pray for him everyday, and would do anything to protect him. True love??

Not at all. The reality is, the feelings, and tension, and awkwardness, is all fairytale fantasy. It’s make-belief. Disney and many others, would have you believe that, if you feel all this for one person, then that’s your true love. I think for all you single people out there, there is a sense in which we want to believe it…and many sadly do.

To my ex, I know you’ll never read this, but three years ago, I felt all of these things for you. I thought without a doubt, we were meant to be together. I know you felt it too. I know back then, we couldn’t have imagined life without each other. (Look at us now) I know when you whispered in my ear “I love you” you meant it with all of your heart. I heard your passion, when we talked about our wedding, and felt the love you had for me, every time we touched. What this was, I can not explain. But here’s what I can, it felt real at the time, and I would not have traded it in for anything. It felt like a God-given love between two people that was unbreakable. But almost exactly three years later, I view things slightly differently. You’re engaged to someone else, and I’m plodding along in the single lane…but I’m doing great here.

Life is full of surprises, and although sometimes we wish and hope that “true love” is something that actually exists, when you have been hurt as many times as I have, the concept is difficult to accept. I’m not saying whether “true love” exists or not, what I’m saying is, I’m not sure if I believe in it anymore.

Peace

Girl in the single lane




3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger _x_cheryl_x_ said…

    hey love love reading your blog, ur so inspiring i hope you know that!

    took a leaf from ur book and have decided to put all my thoughts and stuff onto paper( well more on this blog) lol to share with people

    dont stop writing

    cheryl xx

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to hear of your hurt and loss... personally i found it a difficult read, as I'm moving away from a long-distant relationship all because of different theology. i just wish the Christian faith can unite people, not divide them.

    God Bless,
    Anon

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello! cool blog. c ya at work. les xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home